Backbone.js on Rails
Buy & Download Now
=> When Things Go Wrong!
Learn how to handle various errors such as validation errors
coming from Rails and monitoring server availability.
What You'll Learn
- Update Rails controllers to properly return JSON error messages
- Format and display validation errors from Rails in Backbone.js
- Build generic infrastructure for dealing with formatting/displaying of errors
- Monitor server availability and react to the server going down
"I like this guy's style! But, it takes pretty good dev to be able to dictate their thoughts like that. Not everyone can do it!"@alex_berg
And Of Course You Get...
- "Live coding session" showing code getting written in real-time
- Live PiP video for a richer and more personal experience
- Downloadable video for offline viewing on your computer
- Named chapters to make it easier to skip around or watch in chunks
- Full source code that was built during the screencast
- Bonus setup video showing how to get the source code up and running
"I really like the "live" style of these screencasts. It seems almost like I'm pair programming. I appreciate the polished feel of screencasts like the RailsCasts, but this feels more... real somehow."leeohsheeus